Sunday, February 1, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

I made this list for my profile on Facebook, but I decided to include it here as well.

1. Things like this stress me out because I really don't think I can think of 25 interesting things about me.
2. Like Indiana jones, snakes freak me out. Vile creatures.
3. I hate Christmas.
4. I used to wear 2 earrings in my left ear and one in my right
5. I double faulted on match point to end my high school tennis career.
6. I was voted "Best Dressed" my senior year in high school but my wardrobe now consists of jeans, t-shirts and boots.
7. I haven't relied on an alarm clock for about 20 years. I always just wake up when I need to...even if I'm jet-legged and sleeping in a different time zone.
8. I'm still amazed that I survived 2 years in Japan and even more amazed that after 20 years I still can't seem to eradicate Japan from my life. I'm going to Tokyo this week.
9. I have ALL my wisdom teeth. The benefits of having a big mouth.
10. I can't really kneel because of pain in my leg that I broke 10 years ago.
11. My life in aviation started early. I worked for a crop duster when I was 17.
12.  I hate Eastern Washington.  I love Western Washington. I love Eastern Washington. I hate Western Washington. I'm complex. Which is a lot better than saying I'm fickle. 
13. I'm a Washington Native and I'm always a little bit suspicious of those who live here that aren't...even though most of my friends aren't from Wa State.
14. I used to be a librarian and I often think about going back to school to get my masters in Information Management (Library Science).
15. I alphabetize all my CD's and DVD's.
16. My first Seahawks game was on November 16, 1981 in the Kingdome on Monday night. Seahawks 44 - Chargers 23.
17. My 7th Grade locker combination was 18-35-8.
18. I can remember most anything...the more trivial the better.
19. I love earthquakes and volcanoes fascinate me.
20. I miss playing the trumpet and if I could do it all over again, I wouldn't have quit band.
21. I sometimes think about running away to Alaska.
22. I love spring and working in the yard.
23. I once sang Karoke in front of about 200 Japanese high school kids. I sang "Be There" by the Japanese band B'z.
24. I get "cabin fever" if I'm in the same city for longer than 4 or 5 days.
25. I would live at Greenlake or Ballard if I could afford it.

3 comments:

mooney said...

Yes you do have an uncanny ability to remember numbers and such (I wish I could do that). Though I knew most of these facts about you, I did learn something new.

Anonymous said...

Ok freak~ #15 is so true. Remember when you alphabetized my CDs? Actually, I think you were just sick of them in packing boxes and sitting on our living room floor for weeks after moving into the Ballard apt :) You endured well your stint with your favorite Samoan. ~BRME

Jeff said...

And weren't you much happier when they were organized? I know you were!