I like to read. But I usually go through periods where I read a lot and then periods where I don't even look at a book. So far this year, I am going through a reading period. In fact, I've added a list to my blog of all the books that I've read so far this year. (Dawn does that, so I have to show her that I too, know how to read). Interesting thing is, all the books I've read this year have been by LDS authors. And that's totally by coincidence. I'm currently reading "Are you there vodka, it's me Chelsea" by Chelsea Handler. And before you say "there goes the LDS streak" let me just say that Chelsea was raised LDS/Jewish, so the streak is still kind of alive. But I have a lot of reading to do. I have the bad habit of going to bookstores, buying books and then never getting around to reading them. I have quite the backlog of books on my bookshelves just waiting to be read.
4 comments:
Did you like the Christmas Sweater? We saw the show in Salt Lake and we've seen his show for the past three years but I wonder if I should read the book as well?
I am currently going through the non-reading phase. I am trying to get back into it though. I think that I will hold off until you are done with the Chelsea book so that I can kick start my year with something funny.
I would also like your take on the Christmas Sweater- professional critic's opinion?
Ahh...the Christmas Sweater. It was a quick read. I read it coming home from Maui one night. It was okay. I liked the fact that it took place in the Seattle area and that it had a nice little message to it. Perhaps it was a little trite in places but it was still a nice read.
Post a Comment