Thursday, February 12, 2009

I Won!

A few weeks ago, I was driving home from the airport (I had just come in on the red-eye from Maui), and I was listening to Star 101.5.  I don't really listen to that radio station, but there I was listening intently, trying to stay awake on my drive home.  Sure enough, traffic ground to a total halt on I-5 and I was just sitting there listening to the radio, when all of a sudden they were asking for the 10th caller to identify the 80's song of the day.  They played a 5 second clip of the song and asked for callers.  Just for fun, I picked up my phone and dialed, never thinking that I would even get through.......but I did!  I identified the song (Melt with You by Modern English and really, how easy is that), and won a bunch of stuff.  I didn't really care about winning stuff, I was more interested in just getting the answer right.  So what did I win?  An hour of free bowling at this new hip lounge in Bellevue, which I haven't used yet.  A Sammy Haggar DVD, which I gave to my brother Collin. And a bunch of Cd's, most of which are by people I have never heard of, and they are still sitting on my desk.  So really nothing great, but it was still kind of fun to call in, win, and hear myself on the radio!

3 comments:

the baker said...

what do you mean you didn't win much?? if you need someone to take some free cd's off your hands--i'm your girl! congrats!! i'm excited for you, even if you are trying to play it cool! :) way to go koibito!

Jeanna said...

Congrats! I've won stuff on the radio a few times (I think my admitting that makes me seem like a real dork) but who cares what you win, its that you WON! Nice!

mooney said...

I think that it is cool that you won, even if it is stuff that you won't use. You may find you like the cd's that you won. I am sure the Taylor Swift cd is amazing! :)