"Paul McKenna, PhD, is the most popular nonfiction author in the UK and his television shows have been watched by millions of people in 42 countries around the world. He has worked with Hollywood movie stars, Olympic gold medalists, rock stars, business leaders and royalty. Now it's your turn! As you learn McKenna's amazing system, the cutting edge psychological techniques will help you start to lose weight right away. There are no diet plans, no exercise programs, and best of all, no willpower is required. You can use this revolutionary weight-loss system again and again as McKenna works with you to easily re-pattern your thoughts, attitudes, and beliefs about food, your body, and yourself."
It also comes with a 25 minute CD to help hypnotize you. Long story short, curiosity got the best of me and I bought the book. But funny, thing is, I haven't read it. Blame Chelsea Handler for that one because I've been reading her book. But I have listened to the CD. I've listened to it 5 times and every time, I think I've been hypnotized. I know, I still have my doubts, but every time I put it on and Dr. McKenna starts talking and tells me to start counting backwards from 300, I only make it to about 260 before I'm out cold! And the next thing I know, he's counting backwards from 10 telling me to wake up! As for those 20 minutes in the middle? I have no idea what's going on. I can't even tell you what's on the CD. Weird, huh? It's still to early to give a full verdict on the program, but I can tell you that this morning, I woke up feeling great, I had a ton of energy, I had no desire to have pancakes (I had oatmeal), and I really wanted to go running even though there was 2 inches of new snow on the ground. Weird, huh? I guess the next step is to actually read the book and use it in tandem with the CD. I'll let you know how it goes.

7 comments:
ok i've seen his show on tv--totally wasn't impressed. in fact it was kinda lame. i think i resist to being hypnotized--i just can't give up complete control. maybe you'll like his book better.
but if you really want to lose weight, i've been on a great plan and both my mom and my sister and i have continued to lose on it. i can get you hooked up, since i'm a health coach for it. :)
Oh Jill. How easily you dismiss the power of the human mind.
holy cow, I'm going to check that out, TONIGHT!
I assume you weren't driving when you put the CD in?
I would love to be hypnotized into making better choices!!! And, I'm betting this would help H. too.
No, I don't drive when I listen to the CD.....I listened to it again last night and sure enough I was out cold only to wake up at then end when he told to wake up and this morning I feel great. I'm going running in a few. :)
Hmmmm...sounds promising. Ben would probably make fun of me if I bought it, though. :) He thinks running cures everything.
I think that it would be fun to try. What could it hurt? Right?
So why don't you listen to the CD without doing the backwards counting thing? That way you don't fall asleep and you can hear what's in that mysterious middle part?
Post a Comment