Wednesday, June 25, 2008

New Plates



As you may or may not know.....I am planning on buying a new car at the end of the summer. Yes, it will be nice and wonderful...blah blah blah. But my immediate concern is what kind of plates should I get for my new ride. Sure I can stick with the standard red, white and blue, Mt. Rainir plates, but why? Truth be told....I never really liked them that much to begin with and besides that, we have had them for over 20 years!!!!! Ugh! I don't think I can go another round with those plates. So I am about to enter the strange new world of specialized plates. However, I am not exactly crazy about my choices when it comes to the specialized plates. How can a state as great as Washington have such lame plates? I just don't get it. It makes no sense. Anyway, I think I have it narrowed down to the three plates pictured above but I thought I would solicit everyone for their opinions anyway. So let me know what you think. Which plates do you like and why. Which ones would look smokin' on my new car. Which, by the way, is most likely going to be a silver Honda Accord. If you want to look over Washington State's complete line of specialized plates, you can check them out at www.dol.wa.gov/vehicleregistration/specialdesign.html

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it were me, I'd go with number 3. ^^

Shel said...

Jeff,
I'd go with door number 1. The colors will look sweet with a silver car - and there's nothing distracting on the side.

Jeanna said...

I like #1. I am not fond of the eagle (too NRA) or the waterfall (too Hawaii).

A silver honda accord with sweet mountain plates, I dig it.

By the way, getting a new car is not "blah, blah, blah"

the baker said...

go with number one...it looks stylish and will match your new car color.

The Mills said...

Jeff--

I love #1, by the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

mooney said...

I am going to go with the majority and say #1. It is the prettiest...I mean manliest.

Anonymous said...

I'd go with #1- it beats waterfalls and birds, not to mention you hike,right?

Anonymous said...

#1 is the safest bet. But I also like the Lighthouse plate on the DOL website. And I agree...how can such a great state have such lame plates?

Jeff said...

I guess #1 is the winner. And by the way...it was my first choice. :) Now I just need to buy a car to put them on....