Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Go Jackrabbits Go!

Twenty years ago today I graduated from High School.  Does that make me old?  It really doesn't seem like that long ago, but it is.  In honor of my alma mater I changed my blog's layout to reflect Quincy High School......home of the Jackrabbits!  Wa-hoo!  The only thing I really remember about graduation is afterwards many of fellow students were crying and so sad to be leaving QHS.  And I remember thinking..."are you kidding me?  Get me out of here!  I'm leaving and never coming back!"  And 20 years later, where am I living?  Oh, yeah.  That would be Quincy.  I don't know if that's funny, or just really, really sad.  But in my defense, I did get out of Quincy for a number of years.  I have lived in Utah, Japan, Minnesota, Michigan and Seattle and I have been able to visit many, many places.  So that makes me feel a little better about my situation.  And yes, we are having a reunion in August.  I would be totally lying if I told you that I was excited to go.....but I guess I really don't have much of a choice as I live in Quincy and I know the people planning this event and they expect me to attend.  Look forward to that blog entry!  Go Jacks!

6 comments:

mooney said...

I like the changes you made to your blog. How exciting! I can't believe you have been out of school for twenty years!?!
I'm looking forward to hearing about your reunion.

Jeanna said...

The Mighty Jackrabbits? That is funny, I'm sorry but I have to poke fun at that. There are some seriously funny ones here in Utah too. Like the Beetfarmers, the Darts. Love those!

Great colors though, I'm diggin' 'em.

Jeff said...

Yes, "Jackrabbits" is a little odd for a mascot....but I like it because it's uncommon. Tigers, Wildcats, Bulldogs, etc. have been done to death. The only other schools that I know of that use Jackrabbits are South Dakota St. University and Long Beach Poly High School. Though there was that TV show this spring "Miss Guided" that used Jackrabbits and green and gold as there colors....interesting.

Anonymous said...

So, I used to be a Stott Stallion, a Drake Dragon, an Arvada West Wildcat and a BYU Cougar. Aside from the Stallions which can be wild and ferocious at times, I was part of a mix of pretty ferocious mascots. Mascots that would hunt, drop, roll and kill Jackrabbits. Colorado is superior in so many ways; school mascots are just one of a million examples of the fact. And even though BYU is in Utah, the state is joined on one side by Colorado which boosts Utah's overall superior rating. I know Washington has the Jackrabbits, the Huskies and they copied the Eagle from the United States official mascot for Eastern Washington University but I don't see any real ferocious superiority coming from Washington State. Maybe it is time to move to a more ferocious, superior and elevated state. Literally. Like Colorado. Maybe Utah. The air is better up here.

H.

Jeff said...

Wow. Where did all that hate and venom come from? As I recall didn't Bugs Bunny (A Jackrabbit) have the upper hand on every one he encountered...and that would include coyotes, bulldogs, tazmanian devils, martians, etc. Something to think about.

the baker said...

wow, i never put utah or colorado in the top 10 "superior states" to live in...interesting.