What streak you ask? My losing streak at football games. I can't really remember the last time I went to a football game and my team won. I think the last time was January 2005 when the Seattle Seahawks beat the Washington Redskins. I know. 2005. That was quite a while ago! Since that time I have seen Quincy High School lose game after game. I've also seen Maple Mountain High School (Eric's High School in Utah) lose quite a few. And let's not forget last year's horrible season at the University of Washington. I had season tickets, they lost EVERY game. I've been to a few Seahawk games during this period as well, and guess what? THEY LOST! So when I came to Utah for the Fall, I decided to get season tickets to BYU football. BYU never loses at home, right? Wrong! They got totally smoked last week and I have to say, I kind of felt like it was my fault. I'm the loser. I'm the one who brings all the bad karma into the stadium. Anyway, this afternoon one of my teams actually won! BYU beat Colorado State 42-23! Yeah! The streak is over! Let us rejoice!
2 comments:
Um, I don't think you're the jinx on all those teams. They all just suck on their own and continue to do so. QHS? Lost. UW? Lost. WSU? Lost. Seahawks? Lost. Mariners? Lost. QHS soccer? Lost. QHS Vollyball? Lost. As I sat through yet another losing game at QHS Friday night, I decided that I was done going to those games. So not worth the time. My psyche is in a precarious state as it is without adding to it any more.
My kids and my nephews lost every game my parents attended. Hmmmmm......bad luck grandparents?
Don't take it personally!
Post a Comment