



Over the weekend I had the wonderful opportunity to see the Pet Shop Boys in concert in Seattle at the Moore Theatre. I have been a huge fan of the Pet Shop Boys since 1986. Ever since I heard that throbbing baseline in "West End Girls" I knew that synth-pop was the genre for me....pretty much for the rest of my life. Yes, I do realize that Neil Tennant has kind of a nasal choir boy voice.....BUT I DON'T CARE! They more than make up for that in other areas. Their music is well textured, their lyrics clever and thoughtful, and their overall packaging is original and interesting........or so I like to think. I know I make a big deal about Depeche Mode, but truth be told, push come to shove......I would take the Pet Shop Boys any day over Depeche Mode. It's true. I've loved them from day one and I love them even more 25 years later. Maybe I'm a little obsessive, BUT I DON'T CARE! Here is what they played:
Heart
Did You See Me Coming?
Pandemonium/Can You Forgive Her?
New York City Boy
Love, etc.
Building A Wall/Integral
Go West/Paninaro
Two Divided By Zero
Why Don't We Live Together?
Left To My Own Devices
Always On My Mind
Closer To Heaven
Do I Have To?
King's Cross
The Way It Used To Be
Jealousy
Suburbia
All Over The World
Se A Vida E/Discoteca/Domino Dancing
Viva La Vida
It's A Sin
Being Boring
West End Girls
It was a great show. They don't just sing, they put on a show.....that is quite theatrical for a concert (as you can tell from the above pictures). I wish I could properly describe the show. I Won't even try....let's just say there were lots and lots of cubes and that they were used in many unique ways. There were dancers, lots of costume changes, video projections, special effects and great atmosphere! It was a great time and it made sitting in that hot, stuffy theatre totally worth it!

2 comments:
Oh man! That would have been an awesome concert. Love the PSB's.
It was a really good concert, very entertaining.
The Moore Theater needs to update their AC though.
Post a Comment