Monday, September 14, 2009

I'm Turning Japanese....I Really Think So....

I know. I know. Everyone is sick of me blogging about Japan. But let's fact it, this is my reality as of late. I was here last week from Saturday-Thursday; I was in Utah on Friday; and now I am back in Japan Saturday-Thursday. Crazy, huh? But I am totally okay with it. Japan is pretty much home away from home. You would think that after spending so much time here that I would be totally sick of this place. But the exact opposite is true. The longer I stay here, the more I get into it. My language has started coming back and I actually makes me want to study more. I bought "The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe" the other day in Japanese, as in, it is all in characters. I thought it would be a good study challenge for me. I had to choose a kids' book because it will be a little bit easier to read , and I needed a book that I am familiar with so that I can have an idea of what's going on. Sadly, I left my Japanese dictionary in Quincy, so it will be a few months before I tackle that project (something to look forward to...). But as most of you know our SLC-NRT route comes to end at the end of the month. I'm so bummed out, because I really like doing this trip. I have no desire to going back to Seattle and flying horrible domestic trips! Gag! Though on a bright note, schedules just came out for October and I actually held a NRT! I'm shocked! It is a 6 day trip that also lays over in HNL! Wa-hoo! Something to look forward to........

No comments: