Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Saipan






Hey all.  Sorry this post is a little late in coming, but I was in Saipan last night and the Internet access was a little spotty and I kept getting dropped from the network.  Out of frustration, I gave up trying to blog.  But like I said, I was in Saipan last night and it was a nice quick visit.  We got in around 4:00 PM and I promptly changed my clothes and headed out.  I really wanted to go to the WWII museum, but when I got to it there was a paper sign posted on the door that said "Museum closed on Monday on Tuesday until further notice."  Ugh!  Don't they know I traveled thousands of miles to go to this museum?  I was a little disappointed, but whatever.  So I walked around a bit and checked stuff out, though it was hotter than heck.  I thought I was gonna die.  Then I swung by the Hard Rock Cafe to get a few odds and ends and then headed back to the hotel.  I sat on the beach for a bit (the hotel is right on the water) and watched the sun set. Very nice.  I never grow tired of watching the sun set (though I'm not a fan of watching the sun rise).  Then I went up to my room and sat on my lanai and looked out over the ocean (there was a full moon) and listened to the live music down on the beach in front of the hotel.  Aaaahhhhh.  So nice.  So relaxing.  I wish I could have stayed a little bit longer.  Actually, I really think I need to go back one of these days.  There are actually a lot of things I want to see on this little island.  My inner history geek needs to see all the WWII sites.  We left this morning at 9:00 and now I am in Tokyo.  My 8 day trip is almost over.  It's been fun, but I'm ready to go home.

2 comments:

the baker said...

the hawaiian-tropical girl in me is loving those palm tree pictures!! very cool!

mooney said...

Your pictures are sooo pretty, I want to go there now. It's too bad that wasn't your last stop before you come home. It would be a nice end to a long trip.