Friday, October 3, 2008

BBQ...Japanese Style.

I went to a BBQ last night here in Narita, Japan.  It was held to honor the fine folks who run our efficient Narita operation, and since there are always so many of us here from the states we were invited as well.  I was a little curious as to what they would be serving and I was not too disappointed.  There were numerous "American" items (potato salad, steak) as well as numerous "Asian" items (gilled squid, noodles, rice).  But anyway, it was quite a huge spread and about 200 people or so showed up.  I hung out with the Seattle crowd and we sat eating and laughing for about 3 hours (at which time some one made an announcement and said that the party was over....I guess they wanted us to leave).  But it was fun and hey, it was free food.  Good times.

7 comments:

Jeanna said...

I'd have to pass on the squid, but the rest sounded pretty good. That's so funny that you had to be kicked out of a work party. I don't believe that has ever happened to me.

I'm going to agree with your self-assessment on not being true blue BYU. I have watched your blog and you are WAY more into UW. I find that semi-offensive by the way. I'm from the Bay Area but you don't see me cheering for Stanford do you? Come on Jeff, embrace the blue!

Jeff said...

It's Dawn's bad influence.

Jeanna said...

Sure, blame it on Dawn. Is she a BYU alum that has turned on her alma mater? :) you know I still love you right?

I'm not really a huge fan of football anyway. the funny thing is that harold is SO NOT a fan of football in any form, I would bet I'm a bigger fan than he is. Kinda weird, but oh well.

mooney said...

I love BBQs but I imagine it would be a whole different ball game over there. It was nice of them to feed you all for free.
HEY!....Don't blame me for your choices, be proud! You know you love the Huskies! Even if they suck!

Jeff said...

Dawn is a U of U (gag) and a UW alum. That's why she is such a bad influence.

mooney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mooney said...

I am innocent I tell you. I am showing you the right way to go. You didn't know me when you attended BYU....You didn't know any better.