As in my 1997 Honda Civic. I named her Hope back in the day because the original licence plates were 593 HPE and at the time I was really Hoping that I could afford the car. But after 11 years together, I decided that it was time for a new ride (more on that another day). Hope has been sold, but she didn't go too far. My brother who lives next door bought her, so I still get to visit on a regular basis. Here are a few stats that Hope and I recorded together....
Total Miles: 230,269
Countries Driven In: 2 (US and Canada)
States Driven In: 8 (Wash, Oregon, Calif, Nevada, Utah, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming)
Speeding Tickets: 3
Parking Tickets: 1
Sets of Tires: 3
Batteries: 2
Break Jobs: 5
Number of Windshields: 4
Number of Times Stolen: 1
Number of Times Backed Into: 3
Number of Times Niece Ran into Hope with a Motorcycle: 1
Number of Times Father Slammed the Hood Shut with the Support Rod still in Place: 1
Total Trips to the Body Shop: 4
Number of Times I backed Hope into a column in the REI Garage: 1 (No Damage but I swore a lot).
Number of Cats Killed: 1
Guest Riders: 34 (Mom, Dad, Jeannie, Eric, Lynsie, Kellen, Randie, Reed, Hamilton, Lauren, Collin, Trevor, Sierra, Cheyenne, Chuck, Ida, Charlyn, Helen & Dick, Ken, Lucy, Noel, Jill, Amy, Zach, Kim, Dawn, Jared, Marly, Dan, Derek, Marie, Brittany, Ryo and a lot more people that I can't think of right now).
Yes, Hope and I have been through a lot. I love my new car but I will always have a place in my heart for the first car I ever bought.

11 comments:
My name made your blog...that is so cool! And, you remembered I rode in your car...wow..that was a long time ago...11 years ago in fact!
Woo-hoo...I made the stat sheet (sorry!)- You know, I still have a scar from that little mishap.
i feel your sadness and pain in saying goodbye...it's now time for me to sell my honda civic and i think i'm finally ready to let it go. (sigh)
ok, wait...if hope is gone, what are you driving now??
Goodbye Hope :( llp
At least Hope can go to a new home knowing she was well loved. I am sure she will really be missing you once your nephew starts driving.
hope was there on my first trip to seattle. i have fond memories of her. bye hope! best of luck.
OMG I was laughing so hard, that is so funny Jeff, what a great idea!! I want to see the new car.
You forgot how many menage trois camping trips has it been on. :)
I'm not sure if I ever met Hope, but she sounds like she was a wonderfully reliable car, despite her use and abuse.
Can't wait to see the new girl in your life.
I notice that you didn't mention how many times that you locked your keys in there. Or where you were, who was with you, or what that person had to indure...Worst IKEA visit ever!
Post a Comment