



So here it is. My re-done bedroom. It took awhile but I think it was worth it. I ripped out all the wallpaper which turned out to be a lot harder than I thought. The paper came off quite easily, but it took me washing the walls 4 times to get all the nasty paste off. Ugh! Then I ripped out all the carpet, which wasn't too hard, but I had to scrape off all the foam backing that was still glued to the cement floor. Ugh! Those little projects took quite a bit of time. Next I painted the room, but
unfortunately, it turned out a little on the yellow side and I don't do yellow. So I had to repaint the entire room a second time and this time the color came out much much better. I also took off all the baseboards and had them re-stained while the new carpet was being put in. And then came the long process of putting everything back in my room. And it took a lot longer than it should have because while I was moving everything back in, I decided to go through all my stuff and toss some stuff and basically reorganize everything. Again, it took a a lot of time but it was worth it. The room still isn't totally done. I need to put the closet door back on (there are some issues) and I need to get new curtains, but basically everything looks great.
6 comments:
The room looks great! You can remodel my guest bedroom any time.
well done. it looks very nice! i'm always impressed by those people (you) who can change everything from the ground up. i'm really impressed! i don't think i could ever take on a project that big and make it come out that nice.
Where o where to put the TV? :) I am watching my little TV now and I think my Mac monitor is bigger. LOL! Anyway, I think the room looks great! ~llp
Jeff, that room was a memory in my childhood...and now that's all it is. You have destroyed it. From the carpet to the wallpaper, your room was always my favorite. I hope the cream color makes you feel relaxed! MEH! Haha...it looks good though!-Haley
Wow Jeff, it looks very nice, what does Grandma think? You should come visit and help us with our house next ok?
G-ma loves it. I do quality work.
Post a Comment