I got to go to Amsterdam earlier in the week for work. And since the weather was nice I decided to go out and take some pictures around the city. It seemed like a really good idea at the time.....but in the end I was pretty tired and I kind of lost my focus and motivation. However, I did get a few good shots in and here are some of the photos I liked. I only covered a very small section of the city. I need to be better and getting out and actually taking some photos instead of sitting in cafe's eating pastries......Amsterdam is an interesting city with lots of cool architecture. I love the houses. They are pretty to look at...but I'm sure they are a pain to live in because of all the stairs. That would get old. A few months ago I took a canal cruise and we went by all the really expensive houses and they were really cool. The best part are the gables up top because they are all unique. A lot of them display the family's coat of arms or something else unique to the family or owner. And every home has a pulley at the top (that's the board at the top sticking out) and that's how the move in all their furniture and stuff so they don't have to haul it up the stairs. It was a fun trip. I took pictures, did a little shopping and ate pastries. Good times.
Meet the Family
16 years ago

3 comments:
I've never been there, but it looks fantastic...and what's wrong with sitting in a cafe eating pastries anyway?
As for cold weather setting in, I don't know if you heard but we got snow on the tops of the mountains yesterday. That's right, snow. On September 1. HARSH. I used to be a cooler weather person, but it snowed in June this year too, so only July and August with no snow, that is way, way harsh.
The photos are great Jeff. All I have to show of my day in AMS is a male street performer doing his act in just a g-string. I guess as long as it makes me laugh it wasn't a complete loss. Good times! ~llp
Glad you skipped the red light district. These pictures make Amsterdam look like a nice place to visit. Maybe I will actually get there some day.
Post a Comment