What was life like before iTunes? I don't think that I can even remember. Did I acutally have a "stereo" in my room and CD's scattered about? It seems so long ago. Okay, that's a bit extreme. I may not have had a stereo in my room for the last 6 years or so as a computer does the job just nicely.....but I still have CD's scattered all over in my car.....it's been a little more difficult to make the digital switch in the civic. But I love iTunes and the digital age. Good times. I was listening to my "Top 25 Most Played" songs this morning and realized.....I like electronic music. I know. Not exactly shocking. Here are the top 5 most played songs on my computer.
#1. "Long Way Down" by Cause and Effect. Times played: 71. Is this a depressing song or an uplifting one? I have no idea. All I know is that it is a slice of ectro-pop heaven.
#2. "Love at First Sight" by Kylie Minogue. Times played: 70. This is off her Fever album....back when she was at the height of her power. The video is a little odd....an army of cyborg like people all in the service of one very sexy Kylie.
#3. "I'm With Stupid" by Pet Shop Boys. Times played: 56. Normally I don't really like political songs, but this one is actually okay. It is about George Bush/Tony Blair. Great lryics. Sample: "You grin, I pose. It's not about sincerity; everybody knows." I often sing that bit while I'm at work.
#4. "Precious" by Depeche Mode. Times played: 53. Kind of dark. Kind of moody. But oh so danceable! Did you expect anything less?
#5. "We Used to be Friends" by the Dandy Warhols. Times played: 50. I got turned on to this song by watching "Veronica Mars" (thank you Ken). It's a little angsty but quite catchy.
Meet the Family
16 years ago

3 comments:
Your interest in music is interesting to me. I never got into the music craze as a teenager, and thus I have become even less and less interested. My current #1 song that I get to listen to whenever I have the car (rarely) is the Enchanted Soundtrack. Love it. My favorite is the track "So Close" by Jon McLaughlin. I dig it!!
i love the dandy warhols!! and i too, like that song (yes i watched veronica mars--so sad it's over).
I like all of the songs you listed except #1. That one I've never heard before. I will have to check it out on I-Tunes.
Post a Comment