Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Prince Caspian

The other night my posse (Lucy, Noel, Dawn) and I went and saw Prince Caspian. First of all I have to say that I am bit of a Narnia freak as the books were my favorite as a kid. I read them numerous, and I mean numerous, times. So I have been looking forward to this movie for some time. I loved the first movie and this one was just about as good. Prince Caspian is darker and edgier. There is a lot of heavy stuff going on here, like murder, black magic, civil war, and the like. The scenery was amazing - I really need to go to New Zealand one of these days and there were some pretty cool special effects. And while there is a lot of action, I felt that relationship development between characters was lacking. That is probably the only thing I was disappointed in. Once again there are religious overtones, though not as obvious as in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. This time around, I think the big message was faith. That when times are tough and things look bleak we have to believe that things will get better and that our Heavenly Father will help us. Anyway, good movie, great book. In fact, I think I may have to go see it again. Like I said, I'm a freak.

2 comments:

mooney said...

I liked the movie. The mouse was probably my favorite character...he was cute and funny. I agree with you about the religious undertones, that is C.S. Lewis for you. Ten bucks says that someone will use it as an example in one of their talks within the next month.

Anonymous said...

Earth To JEFFERY! Come In JEFFERY!