Sunday, March 16, 2008

Maui Tacos Update

I finally got around to making food out of my Maui Tacos Cookbook last night. First of all let me say that cooking is a lot of work, especially when you are cooking something new. I can't believe how many cooking utensils I went through. But that being said, I felt that it was a successful night in the kitchen. First I made Maui-Mex Rice. It turned out very good. I think it was my favorite item that I made. I will for sure be making this for years to come. I also marinated some chicken in Maui Tacos special marinade and cooked it. I was supposed to grill the chicken....but that would have required digging the grill out of the garage and I really didn't feel like doing that, so it got cooked on the stove. But it still turned out to be very good. Though next time I want to use the grill because I think it would give the chicken even more flavor. And I also made Hola-Aloha Salsa. And that turned out so-so. This was the easiest salsa to make, but I wasn't really sold on it. I'm not sure why I didn't like it...only that I didn't. Actually, I don't think the tomatoes were ripe enough because the salsa didn't really have that deep red color. Oh, well. Live and learn. But overall it was a success and I look forward to making more things out of the cookbook.

1 comment:

mooney said...

Wow, next thing you know we will be seeing you on Iron Chef. Could be a new side job for you.