Friday, March 14, 2008

Eli Stone

Thursdays. ABC. 10:00 PM. (That's 9:00 PM for those of you in Utah and Southern Idaho).  I started watching Eli Stone when it debuted back in January.  The writers strike was in full swing and those long winter nights were starting to take their toll, so the idea of a new show seemed like a great idea.  Basically the show is about a lawyer in San Francisco who finds out he has a brain aneurysm that causes him to have hallucinations......or are they visions from God?  Hmmm.  That's the big debate.  Normally I HATE shows about the law, lawyers, etc.  I find them incredibly boring and stale.  But so far Eli Stone has been okay.  It's not my favorite show and it probably never will be, but it is kind of interesting.  And of course George Michael pops up every now and then (Eli sees him in vision performing his vast repertoire of songs).  I know.  It sounds rather odd, and it is.  Actually all the visions and hallucinations kind of remind me of Ally McBeal.  Now before you judge me, let me say that I never watched Ally McBeal when it was on TV.  It's just that it comes on TV in Japan at about 4:00 AM and because of the time change I'm usually wide awake by then, and so I watch.  I don't really like the show.....but at that time of day there really isn't anything else to do.  Anyway, Eli Stone is rather interesting and I have enjoyed watching it.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

i love your ranking of your top five planets! what is that about?! and by the way...i thought pluto is technically no longer a planet.

Jeanna said...

That darn writers strike made me start watching shows I never would have bothered with before. One of those shows is Eli Stone. I don't love it, but I don't hate it. It's okay. I like his acupuncturist friend. And I like Jordan (he was on Alias, one of my all time favorite TV shows!).