Sorry. I guess I have been kind of AWOL for the last several days. I just haven't had time to sit down and write a proper blog. (I really don't know what constitutes a proper blog but it sounds like a good excuse). I spent Sunday afternoon painting Mr. Microsoft's bathroom. I originally painted it an ugly shade of yellow about two years ago. I hated it.....and the owner hated it. But it has taken him until now to decide on a new color, which is blue. I've decided that I like to paint, just as long as it is not a bathroom. Ugh! Bathrooms are way to complicated. You have to tape around mirrors, medicine cabinets, light fixtures and on and on and on. And painting behind the toilet? Not exactly my favorite thing to do. Anyway I got two coats of paint on the walls Sunday afternoon/evening. Monday I went back to do some touch-ups and to clean up my mess. I had just started to paint when work called and gave me 2 hours to get to the airport. Aaagghh! I had to drop everything. This basically meant putting all my paint supplies in the refridgerator. (They stay remarkably fresh). I jumped in the shower, scrubbed like no tomorrow as I had blue paint in my hair, flew out the door and drove like a bat out of he_ _ to the airport. I ended up going to Maui (yet, again) which is always a nice trip. I got home Wednesday morning, took a short nap, and then finished my painting project. And then, per Mr. Microsoft's request, I cleaned the whole entire house from top to bottom. Actually, I really didn't mind because I had kind of blown off his birthday and Christmas gifts, so the painting and cleaning more than made up for it. Once I finished all my chores I got to drive home even though I was exhausted and just wanted to go to bed. So there you go; that's what I've been doing this week. I hope you enjoyed reading my proper blog.
5 comments:
um, am I out of the loop? Who is Mr. Microsoft and why are you doing his chores?
i know who mr. microsoft is. tell him i said hello.
Mr. Microsoft wishes to remain nameless......It's actually my friend Noel. I did the chores for his b-day/Christmas gift.
I hate it when I get called and have to jet off to Maui with only 2 hours notice. That really sucks.
Yeah...it's tough but somebody has to do it.
Post a Comment