Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Aloha



Greetings from the Island of Maui!  After all the stress of my most recent commute it was nice to go somewhere away from the cold AND avalanches.  The weather wasn't perfect...it was partly cloudy.....but it was still pretty dang nice.  I went to the breakfast buffet and ate waaaay too much.  But I told myself I deserved it after my long driving ordeal and I was able to rationalize those Belgian Waffles with coconut syrup and freshly whipped cream.  Then it was off to the beach for a couple of hours.  It was so quiet......one of the benefits of a private beach.  I just laid there and did my crossword puzzle and listened to the waves.  Very nice.  After that I went for a walk and took some pictures.  Overall, it was a good trip and just what I needed to put me in a better mood.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A trip to Maui would definitely put me into a better mood. Congrats on a nice, relaxing time in a nicer climate than WA or UT. Nice pics by the way.

Kellen Hyer said...

Wow Jeff the music is a nice touch. So when are you taking me on my senior trip to Hawaii? Trade you for a night stand?

Jeanna said...

Jeff, we are having a blizzard here in Utah. With elementary school kids being stuck at school (still, and its 9:15 p.m.) and white out conditions. Count your hawaiian blessings.

The Mills said...

Jeffery Hyer

YOU SUCK! I want to be there, I want to be somewhere warm I am sick of the snow!! Hey email me those pics of Hawaii!! I want to use them for the Chamber Website! They are giving away a trip to Hawaii so they will be awesome! Thanks, Lyns