Yes, I want a kayak. I've wanted one for some time, but I've never actually got around to buying one. I honestly think that I would get quite a bit of use out of it. The greater Quincy area has an abundance of freshwater lakes and sunshine. What's not to like? Besides, I need a new hobby. The kayak pictured above is available at costco.com. It costs $429 and that includes shipping. Yes, Costco will deliver it right to my front door. Isn't Costco just the best ever? Anyway, the main thing that is holding me back is my mom and dad. The purchase of a kayak will undoubtedly be followed by a lecture about wasting my money or something like that. So I need to think of a good lie or some other story to rationalize my purchase to them. Any suggestions?
Meet the Family
16 years ago

6 comments:
I know you live with your parents but there comes a time when you need to let them know that you are a grown man, able to decide on semi-major purchases.
But if you want a seriously good lie? Tell them you won a gift certificate (from work) for Costco and you decided on the kayak. Or you could say it is a gift from a wealthy benefactor, or maybe you got more back in your taxes than you thought and you want a new way to stay fit and healthy during the spring/summer, or Costco had a sweet, sweet, deal and you could make up a price.
Dang, I'm kinda good at this lying thing. Not something to be proud of.
ooooh, Jeanna is goooood. It is a little scary how good those lies are. I like the gift certificate idea, you should go with that.
Ha ha that is pretty sad that what your 40 and your mom and dad still watch what you by and lecture you on it. I just hope I am not living with my mom and dad when I am 40!!
How is it that the young can be so harsh? Kellen-you are brutal!!!
um Jeff, I think you should just tell them you are taking on a new hobby. Get it why they are in California. who knows..........
Yeah.....I'm not 40. Maybe you should study math a little bit more Kellen.....
Post a Comment