Friday night Dawn, Lucy and I went and saw a one woman production called "Wishful Drinking" starring Carrie Fisher. It was so good. She cracks me up! The show is basically a funny and honest look at her quirky life. From being the child of high profile Hollywood parents, starring in Star Wars, being married to Paul Simon to being bi-polar, she pretty much covered it all; and it was really funny. I guess laughter is the best medicine when you have one heck of a messed up crazy life.
Favorite quotes from the evening:
"George Lucas ruined my life!"
"Carrie dear, it's your mother, Debbie." (Said while doing an impersonation of her mom).
"Saying you're an addict and an alcoholic is like saying you're from Seattle and Washington."
"If you get the chance, DO IT!"
1 comment:
I agree, it was really funny. I appreciate anybody who can laugh at themselves. My favorite part was Hollywood 101...I had no idea they were that "inbred" as she would call it.
Post a Comment