




Yesterday, I drove up to Mt. Vernon to check out the tulips.....and I wasn't disappointed. Spring is a little late in arriving this year, in fact it is snowing today up in the mountains. Usually, the tulips have come and gone by this time. Anyway, it was a pretty good day. It was partly sunny, it never rained and there really weren't too many people out and about. The only thing that rattled my nerves a bit was when the tour bus pulled up and let out about 100 Chinese people or so. Now don't get me wrong, I like Chinese people. In fact, I have numerous Chinese friends; but culturally, I find the Chinese a little.....
challenging. They are a little too pushy and they have no respect for personal space. There I was standing in an open field and there were 3 of them
practically on top of me! Ugh! But that aside, it was a nice day.
4 comments:
I'm with you--I don't like my personal space being invaded like that. Of course if I know the person and really like them, then I invite a little invasion. :)
The tulips do look great--nice pics!
Love the pictures.
I love, love, love tulips. They are my favorite flower. They get planted just when the weather is starting to turn. Their hard bulbs go underground and get frozen and something about the freezing helps them crack open and bloom just when we think winter will never end. They look solid and sturdy yet gorgeous. Tulips are my flower.
I had a personal space issue the other day with someone. It was...difficult. I feel for you.
How pretty...
Post a Comment