Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Move Number 36......

Last Saturday I moved from Redmond to Quincy.  And for those of you keeping track.....yeah, I realize that it is just me keeping track.....it was the 36th move of my adult life!  Seriously, I've kept track and I can name them all if you like.  Actually, lets do that.  It could be kind of fun.

Aug 88 - Apr 89 Deseret Towers.  Provo, UT
Apr 89 - Dec 89 Quincy, WA
Dec 89 -Feb 90 MTC. Provo, UT
Feb 90 - Mar 90 Iwaki, Japan
Mar 90 - Oct 90 Koriyama, Japan
Oct 90 - Mar 91 Fukushima, Japan
Mar 91 - Jun 91 Akita, Japan
Jul 91 - Aug 91 Akita, Japan #2
Aug 91 - Nov 91 Kitakami, Japan
Nov 91 - Jan 92 Quincy, WA
Jan 92 - Apr 92 Provo, UT
Apr 92 - Aug 92 Quincy, WA
Aug 92 - Apr 93 Provo, UT
Apr 93 - Jun 93 Aunt Helen's. Springville, UT
Jul 93 - Aug 93 Uncle Eugene's.  Springville, UT
Aug 93 - Apr 94 Provo, UT
Apr 94 - Jun 94 Quincy, WA
Jul 94 - Dec 94 Orem, UT
Dec 94 - Feb 95 Eric's. Springville, UT
Feb 95 - Apr 95 Quincy, WA
May 95- Jun 95 Edina, MN
Jul 95 - Jul 96 Canton, MI
Jul 96 - Feb 97 Quincy, WA
Feb 97 - Aug 97 Tukwila, WA
Aug 97 - Feb 99 Kirkland, WA
Feb 99 - Dec 00 Bellevue, WA
Dec 00 - Jun 01 Greenwood.  Seattle, WA
Jun 01 -Jun 02 Greenlake.  Seattle, WA
Jul 02 - Aug 02 Ballard.  Seattle, WA
Aug 02 - Dec 02 Quincy, WA
Dec 02 - Jul 05 Northgate.  Seattle, WA
Jul 05 - Jul 06 Ballard.  Seattle, WA
Aug 06 - Nov 06 Redmond, WA
Nov 06 - Nov 08 Quincy, WA
Nov 08 - May 09 Redmond, WA
May 09 - ???? Quincy, WA

Okay, that was exhausting, but I think you get the point.  I'M SICK OF MOVING!!!!!  I look forward to the day when I can actually unpack ALL my boxes and actually have my belongings surrounding me.  Aahhhhhh someday.



6 comments:

Brittany said...

i thought your next move was going to be utah. did your plans change?

PS - i was a witness of the Jun 01- Jun 02 Greenlake days. i liked that house.

the baker said...

wow--you've moved almost as many times as your age--your post makes me want to sit down and figure out how many times i've moved...i'm guessing more than 20.

Anonymous said...

Wow. I think you've topped me because after getting married, my moving slowed waaaay down. Although I say that on the edge of an upcoming move to....Quincy. I might have to sit down and track all my moves. Could be insightful? Probably not. But I will be sitting at the auto repair shop for a couple of hours this morning with nothing better to do.

Reed said...

Oops. I didn't mean to be anonymous. I've got kids bouncing off the walls around me and it's only 6:15 am.

Reed said...

Yikes. That was eye-opening and almost scary. I made my list and here are the stats....
38 moves with one more coming in 4 weeks.
36 different roommates, not even including my wife and 3 kids or a whole group of Elders at the MTC or even Aunt Helen or any other relatives)
8 states, no foreign countries.
13 towns/cities. (although there are 7 different locations within Bellevue alone and 8 moves to Quincy with 1 more coming up!)
4 time zones.
10 area codes.
Longest time in one location...Nampa, ID for 7 years. Next longest is El Dorado Hills, CA for 5 years. Shortest time in one location...1 month in Redmond, WA, Summersville, WV and Quincy, WA

mooney said...

Is moving around a lot a family trait? Reed almost puts you to shame Jeff. at first 36 didn't seem like that much, until you broke it down. Can I just say how much I hate moving! I think that I am under ten moves including my mission. You guys make me tired.