Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Leave of Absence

As most of you know, I'm rather burnt out with my job.  Fourteen years of doing the same thing day after day going to the same places week after week, as left me, well, rather bored.  And the whole merger thing really isn't helping the situation.  Due to the economy, my esteemed company announced today that they will be offering leaves of absence.  They haven't totally announced all the details associated with the leaves, but they have offered them in the past and they are usually 3/6/9/12 months in length.  And yes, I REALLY want to take one.  Problem is, after I take one, then what?  Ideally, I would just hang out and go hiking every day, but I guess that really isn't a viable option.  So I guess, I would have to get a job.  But what?  It needs to be temporary and it needs to be something that I would somewhat enjoy.  Does anyone have any ideas?  I'm willing to temporarily relocate to Utah, Finland, or anywhere else where I know someone. And I'm willing to try just about anything.  I would love to spend more than 4 nights in the same time zone, not have to listen to whiney people and try something new.

4 comments:

the baker said...

if you could choose a different career, what would it be? try something in that field...

Jeff said...

Maybe I could be an intern at Jillicious Desserts. :)

mooney said...

I think that you should apply at a museum here in Seattle, or in the outlying areas. Or go to work at a library.

the baker said...

if you want to be an intern here at jillicious, just know i can only pay you in cake. :)