Sunday, December 28, 2008

The End of the Worst Football Season Ever

Yes, I do realize that Bowl season is in full swing and that the NFL playoffs start next week, but for me the season is officially over.   And it has been and long and painful 4 months.  Let's recap:

Quincy High School. 1 win - 9 losses.  I still care about my alma mater.  I don't go to too many games, but I like to keep up with what's going on.  The good?  My nephew caught 36 passes for 600 yards.  Not too shabby.

University of Washington. 0 wins - 12 losses.  Ugly. Ugly. Ugly.  And I even had season tickets.  What a big 'ole waste of money that was.  Not only was it the worst season in UW history, it was the worst season of any team in the history of the Pac-10.  That can't be good.  The good?  Coach Willingham has been axed and Coach Sarkisian has arrived.  Having a former BYU Cougar at the helm makes me happy and gives me hope for the future.

Washington State University. 2 wins - 11 losses.  Sure they won 2 games, but that was against UW and Portland State.....  The good?  I had the entire team on a flight from Honolulu to Seattle and I enjoyed chatting with Coach Wulff.

Brigham Young University.  10 wins - 3 losses.  Okay, BYU had another winning season, which is nice, but I expected a league title and a bowl victory.  Oh, well.  The good?  BYU always has a good team and next year should be no different and I may actually make it to a few games.

Seattle Seahawks. 4 wins - 12 losses.  After four years of being on top on the NFC West the Seahawks crashed hard.  Even Arizona and SFO finished better...AND Coach Holmgren is retiring...(who I chatted with years ago on a flight from Memphis...nice guy).  The good?  There's always next year.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

so will you be purchasing season tickets next year? or are you throwing in the towel?

Jeff said...

I gotta give it some thought..........