Monday, December 15, 2008

Arctic Blast!

A winter storm blew through the area over the weekend and it has left me mildly amused.  Why you ask?  Because folks in Seattle are just lame when it comes to any weather other than rain.  Basically, they freak out.  Fortunately I grew up in Eastern Washington where snow and cold weather are a common thing.  Here's what happened.  Saturday night Dawn and I went over to her brother's house to hang out (eat and play games).  Anyway, when we left at around 10 pm there was about 2 inches of snow on the ground and it was still snowing.  Oh, and by the way, her brother lives northwest of Everett.  So we get in the car and start driving down the 2 lane road towards I-5.  Okay, it's snowing but the road is pretty much just slush.  But then we are cars going about 10 mph?  Really people?  Pick up the pace.  It took FOREVER to get to I-5.  When we finally got on the freeway, the road was just wet, but yet people were still going so slow.  Things like that just frustrate me to no end.  I ended up in the left lane going about 70mph.  I got back to Seattle, dropped Dawn off and then headed to the Eastside (there was only about 1/2 - 1 inch of snow in Redmond) where I encountered more white knuckled drivers........ugh!  Sunday rolled around and church was cancelled and basically everyone was afraid to go anywhere.  People are crazy.  And everywhere I go people can't stop talking about the freezing temperatures (it's in the upper 20's) and all the snow.  It kind of makes me laugh, but it kind of makes me pity these retarded people.

4 comments:

mooney said...

Lol! Wow, don't sugar coat it or anything. :) I agree that people in Seattle are wimps when it comes to driving in the snow. You were being kind when you said they don't freak out when it rains, because I think they are just as bad.

the baker said...

ok, i have to plead a case for those who where trying to be cautious--that is better than whipping along and spraying all the gravel they put down and having it hit, lets say, a NEW car--plus sometimes the fast drivers are more of an idiot than the slow ones. anyhow, love the profile pic and the fact that my chin and hand are also in it. i haven't gotten my pics yet--where are they?

Jeff said...

I feel for you....you have reason to be cautious. you got like 6 inches of snow and the roads were covered. But I-5 had no snow.....it's just odd to me. I know you are in the profile pic. LOL Maybe I should airbrush you out? Lucy has the pics. I think she made you a disc.

the baker said...

i didn't realize that I-5 didn't actually have snow on it--them i'm in agreement with you, people were being lame! :)
and why would you want to air brush me out? it's like i'm the little angel on your shoulder. :)