
I'm not sure if everyone has heard, but Atheism is being celebrated this year in Washington State right along with Christianity. Our "Wonderful" Governor allowed the above sign to be posted right next to the Nativity Scene on the grounds of the State Capital. If someone wants to be Atheist then fine. But I don't think they should be allowed to basically mock my religion in the process. If they want their own No God Holiday then fine....just don't celebrate it the same time as mine. So in response, I actually called up Governor Gregoire and gave her a piece of my mind. Well, actually, I called up her voice mail and gave the computer a piece of my mind. Apparently she has been receiving about 200 phone calls an hour ever since this sign went up. So on that note, if you would like to comment, you can call our "esteemed" leader at 360-902-4111 or leave e-comments at www.governor.wa.gov. I'm sure she would love to hear from you. Oh, and MERRY CHRISTMAS.

9 comments:
that is so LEPO!!! people are so dumb sometimes and that sign is unreal! i think it's stupid that people think that everything has to be "politically correct" and give everyone their fair time. won't those idiots be surprised to find out how wrong they are. i don't feel the need to sugar coat anything today. :)
Amen Sister!
That is the most rude, obnoxious thing I have read in a long, long time. Unbelievable. Your governor stinks, peee-u!
I'm okay with church and state being separate, so if the government wants to stop displaying Christmas items, that is fine by me.
You don't see me out there making horrible comments to those who choose NOT to play by the rules (commandments).
Unbelievable...this world is unbelievable.
I know. Pretty shocking AND lame.
Lame governor. Retarded atheists. Go celebrate your Solstice Day/Winter Holiday and leave our Christmas alone. It ranks right up there with our "Governator" inciting and urging gays and activist judges to protest and do all they can to get Proposition 8 overturned in the courts.
Funny, we were just reading yesterday as a family about King Mosiah and his warnings about unrighteous leaders turning a deaf ear to the voice of the people, warning that destruction comes when the majority of people turn to iniquity, etc.
I am at a loss for words. I can't imagine what would posses the govenor to okay something like this. Why would an atheist group even care? 10 bucks says those same people that put up that sign are out buying christmas presents as we speak.
By the way, the police think they may have a lead on the person who stole the sign. I hope they give him/her a raise!
I just called our beloved governor who is experiencing a "high volume of calls". My roommates have all taken an interest in this too.Reed is right on about the Mosiah chapters...a little unnerving and frustrating, but true all the same.
Good for you. Keep calling. She would love to hear from you.
in a nutshell? she's an idiot.
Post a Comment