Yep, that's me. And you know what? I am no longer embarrassed to say that. Nope, not at all. My little sci-fi fetish has been brewing for years. I guess it all started when I saw Star Wars as an impressionable 7 year old. That was followed by Battlestar Galactica. Yeah, I know. It was cheesy and campy and pretty much sucked. When I got to college I got hooked on Star Trek: The Next Generation. I guess that is what happens when you live with engineering majors. And so it has continued. My latest obsession is the new and improved Battlestar Galactica. This version is in no way shape or form cheesy or campy. At first I tried to resist this revamped show. I really did. In fact, I totally blew off the first season. But then about a year ago I got the flu and curiosity got the best of me. I went and bought Season 1 and pretty much devoured it in like 2 days. I know. Like a moth to flame. I then bought the other seasons and made pretty quick work of them as well. Season 4 debuted Friday on the Sci-Fi channel. And can I just say that I was as giddy as a small child on Christmas morning? But sadly, I had to work (why do I always have to go to Maui)! And imagine my horror when I realized that the hotel didn't carry the sci-fi channel! Curses! But no worries. I just got home and watched it on-line with my laptop. Aahhh wonderful technology. And the first episode was really good and it just whetted my appetite for more. Did Starbuck really make it to Earth and back? Who is the 12th Cylon? Will Baltar have to pay for his crimes against humanity? Will President Roslyn and Admiral Adama hook up? Have I totally crossed the line into a scary sci-fi place from which there is no return? All good, intriguing questions.
6 comments:
I am an anti-scifi person, completely anti. However, when I was a kid I watched Battlestar Galactica and have GREAT memories of it. I would totally watch the new one, just to honor the love I have for the original. I have heard the new one is really good, but I have so many shows I am hooked on I am going to resist, for now.
I think that sci-fi is definately catering to a male audience. I am content with hearing about the goings on with starbuck and the rest of the gang from you.
I all can say is "frack".
Well, maybe I could say "felgercarb", but I am not sure that would be appropriate.
wyatt has the new battlestar galactica in our queue at blockbuster. though, i must say, i am not looking forward to it very much.
i noticed you didn't say anything about dr. who. i know it is one of wyatt's dad's favorites but it is totally cheesy to me. i don't think i like sci-fi very much. i don't really look forward to watching it. and i always avoid the tv when wyatt has it on the sci-fi channel. but we only get basic cable now so lucky for me i don't have to be subjected to it!
i'm just rambling now. sorry you have to go to maui - poor you. oh, and about the chipotle, i'm so over it. that was my valley girl way of saying i forgive you. you can like crappy tacos by the sea if you want.
The first step in recovery is to acknowledge your issue/problem. I am proud of you for taking the first step all on your own.
:) llp
Post a Comment