Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Selective Speeding

As a regular commuter along Interstate 90, I have come to realize one very important thing: Drive the speed limit across the Kittitas Valley.  No, I didn't get a ticket.  I'm much smarter than that.  Oh, sure, I do my share of speeding, but I do it selectively.  It's just that I know that the Kittitas Valley is a set the cruise control to 70mph kind of place.  For some reason the state patrol loves this stretch of freeway.  I guess it helps that they have an office just off the freeway.  Every time I pass through here at least one car is pulled over for speeding.  Usually it's more.  I have counted as many as 10 patrolmen with cars pulled over.  This morning was kind of average....three cars were pulled over.  The sad thing is that I take pleasure in their misfortune.  I laughed and mocked them as a glided by at my constant speed........until I got to the end of the valley and around the hill where I stepped on the gas and cruised the rest of the way to Seattle at 80MPH!  Like I said, selective speeding.

4 comments:

mooney said...

I have noticed lately that there are a lot more police out during rush hour as well. They are slowing me down and I don't appreciate it.

WorshipKrista said...

The last time I got a ticket was on that same stretch about 9 years ago. Oh, and it was my birthday.

And if the trooper didn't notice the date on my license he was sure to notice the balloons and flowers I had with me! Heartless...

They don't mess around in the 509.

Jeanna said...

There is a stretch around Winnemucca Nevada that is the same. You gotta know when to lay on the gas, and when to ease off. Good Job, I would be laughing at the others too, being the heartless person that I am.

Kellen Hyer said...

Ummm got to love utah speed limit 65 and every one travels at 80 got to love it!!