Saturday, January 26, 2008

Barium Swallow Test

Yes, that was yesterday's highlight.  Apparently, there is something wrong with my throat so I had to go see a specialist and have this little test done.  It was not pleasant.  Though I guess it could have been worse.  At least there were no needles involved.  I just had to swallow a bunch of gunk. Basically, I had to swallow liquid barium.  It had the consistency of runny mud and tasted like chalk with a slight minty aftertaste. Mmmmmm.  While I swallowed this concoction the specialist watched in all go down my throat on his computer screen.  I got a glimpse of the action at one point but I had to turn away because it made me a little queasy.  Anyway, I had to repeat this process 5 times and then I got sent home.  And I'm still waiting to hear what the results are.  But because it is Saturday I'm going to have to wait until Monday.  Good times.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff, Glad to see you caved, finally! That swallow test sounds ultra yummy.

We are off to Lucinda's 40th birthday party. Now it's official: We are getting old.

Brittany said...

welcome aboard!

Kellen Hyer said...

Ha That sucks man. Atleast you didn't get a tube shoved up your nose to your tummy while you were awake. Ha i got ya beat. Ha HA