Over the weekend I went to Oregon (Corvallis area actually) with Lucy for a relaxing little getaway. The fun started Saturday morning. I flew from Wenatchee to Seattle bright and early at 6:00AM. Actually, I almost didn't make it on.....they ended giving me a weight restricted seat at the last minute. Ahhh...the joys of being a non revenue passenger. Lucy picked me up and after a quick breakfast at IHOP, we were on our way! After a nice little drive, we stopped at the outlet mall by Salem to do a little shopping. I ended up getting a pair of shoes and a watch. I was kind of disappointed. I really wanted to do some tax free shopping.....but I just couldn't find anything to buy. I hate it when that happens. We got to Jill's and after naps went to dinner and a movie. We saw "Leap Year." It was cheesy, but moderately entertaining. Sunday we went to church and hung out all afternoon at Jill's house. Though we did watch some retro episodes of Julia Child's cooking show, which were kind of funny. And on a side note I learned how to make omelets and I've already had the opportunity to try my new skills. Anyway, on Monday we went out to breakfast, strolled around Corvallis and then drove back to Seattle and I flew back to Wenatchee. We really didn't do anything too exciting, but it was nice just to get away and hang out.
2 comments:
That sounds really, really nice. I love Jill's house. I could pretty much build my eternity around that place.
To Jeanna:
I love how Jeff described the weekend as "We didn't do anything too exciting" apparently I didn't know he was expecting a Vegas type of weekend. :) But I'm glad you enjoyed your visit here last summer...and you and your family are welcome here anytime!! :)
Post a Comment