It is good to know that my previous post at least generated some chatter on the subject of Utah...... As promised, I now give you five reasons on why I like Utah. I decided to post this list second because.....well, I needed more time to think of "positive" things. Just kidding. Here they are. Enjoy!
1. It's Cheap. As in EVERYTHING is less expensive in Utah. My hard earned airline dollar sure goes a lot further there. Season tickets for BYU Football for only $120?! Are you kidding me? Gas for under $3.00 a gallon? Love it!
2. No Traffic/Big Parking Spaces. It was such a joy to drive to work while I was living in Springville. Why? Because I knew that it would take me exactly one hour EVERY TIME to get to the airport. Actually, I got to the airport way early for my first couple of trips because I was so used to taking my "normal" commute time and DOUBLING it.....like I have to do in Seattle. I never once got stuck in stop and go traffic. That made me very happy. And the parking spaces are so BIG! I didn't have to worry about other drivers dinging my precious little car (which I've taking to calling "The Gray Lady" as in the ghost of Ravenclaw House in Harry Potter).
3. It's Clean. I think everyone knows that I can be a bit of a clean freak at times and Utah indulges me in my clean freakiness. There's not a whole lot of litter about, hardly any graffiti, and nasty cigarette smoke is kept to a minimum. And in general things are kept looking nice......I think it's the Mormon Culture.
4. National Parks. I do like going to National Parks and Utah does not disappoint. I had a great time visiting Bryce Canyon and Zion National Park. They are definitely unique and I wish that I could have spent more time there, as well as visiting the other National Parks. Oh, well. Next year. I am already planning a return trip in the fall to play in the parks.
5. Family History. Yes, my mom and dad are both from Utah. And yes I have pioneer heritage galore. But growing up in Washington, I really didn't care about any of it because we were so far removed from Utah and Mormon Culture. Does that make any sense? Anyway, being in Utah, surrounded by Utah/Church History, as well as tons of extended family, made me realize the importance of family history. It is nice to have a connection to the past and in Utah, I was reminded of that past on almost a daily basis.
So there you go, five reasons on why I like Utah. Discuss.
Meet the Family
16 years ago

3 comments:
I think I take the first 3 items for granted. I have to travel outside of Utah to realize just how good we have it here.
As for the national parks and the family history...probably not what I would put on my list, but I like that you like it!
I'm not much of an outdoorsy person, ironic since I live in a place that has so many great things to do outdoors. I really should try to enjoy the outdoors more! :)
I do enjoy the new website new.familysearch.org. Great site for starting to piece together your personal history.
Glad you were able to visit our fair state. Enjoy Washington!!
Okay, those are pretty good reasons to like Utah. I was a little shocked with #2-No Traffic, though. Really? I thought I-15 was a mess through Utah County these days? No where to expand and more and more traffic.
Are you going to do your likes/dislikes of Washington now?
I like it! You should move there then! ha ha.. Reed I-15 has a carpool lane clear to Provo and its great now!
Post a Comment