From Bryce Canyon it was on to Zion National Park for a few days. My previous experience in this park consisted of driving through it in November 1988 with Eric, Lesa and Reed, as well as driving through with Harold in May 1993. Pretty pathetic, huh? Just drove through without even getting out of the car. Ugh! Well, this time I got out of the car, and not just to take pictures! I actually did a little hiking and it was great! And because it was a bit late in the season, there were hardly any people there! No screaming kids, no first timers hiking in flip-flops, and no large tour buses bring in hordes of people. It was just me and a few other National Park afficianados. The weather was also perfect. It was sunny with no clouds and 80 degrees. Very nice. Again, I really didn't have time to see it all, so a future trip will be necessary.
Meet the Family
16 years ago

2 comments:
Zions was my favorite place to go hiking when I lived in Utah. We used to go there whenever we could to camp and hike.
Lots of good memories. I'm glad that you finally got around to spending some time there, even if it was for just a day.
"Hikers" with flip flops make me laugh. Not so smart.
Fun, why didn't you take me?!? I love Southern Utah... when ya movin home?
Post a Comment