Friday, August 7, 2009

Manti/Soldier Summit





I went on a little road trip this afternoon for the heck of it.  I went to Manti, drove around and then walked around the temple grounds.  It's amazing how this huge massive temple totally dominates the entire town.  There was a couple getting married as well.  So I took the time to silently mock them.......and I also went to Soldier Summit, which is pretty much a ghost town, unless you count the lone gas station.  My grandparents lived there 80-90 years ago when my grandfather worked for the Denver&Rio Grande Railroad.  Kind of a desolate place, but pretty.

4 comments:

Lyne Family said...

You should come on a road trip to Eagle Mountain...I'd feed you! :)

Jeff said...

It's on my list of things to do...........I'll let you know.

Lyne Family said...

Ha, there's really not much out here so I don't blame you for having it LOW on your list of things to do!

The Mills said...

Sweet!! I love Manti!! Its a cool small town..