Sunday, August 9, 2009

Albuquerque

I have had the privilege of going to Albuquerque twice this week!  I know.  Pretty cool, huh?  Okay.  Maybe not so much.  But at least I got to go some place that I normally do not get to visit, so that was nice.  We stayed downtown, but I really didn't really do too much as it was hotter than hell outside.  Ouch.  I went for a walk and after about 20 minutes I decided that it just wasn't worth it and I went right back to the hotel.  Though last night we all went out to dinner in Old Town and that was nice.  We had Mexican.  It was good.  A bit spicy, but I like it that way.  And that was pretty much it.  Downtown was nice, but it was exactly exciting.  And there is way too much "Adobe" architecture, but it seems like a nice place.  I would really like to go to Santa Fe and Taos.  I think I would enjoy those places a lot more.  Someday.


1 comment:

Reed said...

Did you sing "Point me in the Direction of ABQ" on your way there? Glad you're back to blogging again because you always have something fun to say or mock. I don't remember much from my 1 visit to ABQ 25 yrs ago. Adobe and gravel/dirt is what I remember most. And that UNM played football in a stadium that was about 1 step above the QHS stadium.