Monday, October 12, 2009

The Dentist

I HATE GOING TO THE DENTIST! It is, without a doubt, the worst thing that I can think of doing. HATE IT! Something about drills and other sharp pointy objects digging around my teeth really freaks me out. And then there is the pain. For some odd reason, my body doesn't really respond to novocain. So I usually end up getting shot after shot and they just kind of mask the pain and so the whole time my teeth are being worked on, I'm in total pain. Not a fun time. But, my cousin is my dentist and I've known everyone in his office for years. So in that aspect, it is nice to see them and have a good laugh. But the actual exam? No thanks! I have been putting off getting a check up for quite some time. In fact, when I moved to Utah in August, it was one of the things that I planned on doing right away.......... Well, It's mid October and I finally got around to going in for an exam today. I woke up this morning all stressed out about it even though I was trying really hard to have a good attitude. I went in and sat down in the chair and tried really hard not to panic. They took the x-rays, cleaned my teeth and everything was actually going quite well until my cousin announced that there was a "shadow" on a tooth in one of the x-rays. My heart totally sank. But then he said he wasn't quite sure because of the angle of the x-ray and that he needed to take another picture to be sure. So they took another x-ray and while it was being developed, I sat in the chair and prayed, thought positive thoughts and sent "good energy" out into the universe! The x-ray came back clean! I totally yelled "Wa-Hoo" and they all laughed. A dental crisis has been averted!

3 comments:

The Mills said...

I HATE going to the dentist also! I am sorry that sucks...

Jeanna said...

I need to go. I have a pain in a left bottom molar. I've had to drink and chew everything on the right side for months.

I just went to the dentist the month before the pain started up, so what the heck?

Anyway, I know a major drilling is in my future and I'm super sad about it.

mooney said...

Its the smell that does it for me. I hate the smell!